If you are in the US, today you most likely will be celebrating Thanksgiving. My husband’s most favorite holiday (can’t beat the best food paired with football and beer, can you??), Thanksgiving is the day where we sit back and think about all we are thankful for.
If you are on Facebook, You’ve probably seen (or are maybe taking part in) the 30 days of Thankfulness. You know…..every day you post something you are thankful for. It is such a great idea that I thought I would post my 30 things I am thankful for (in no particular order) here.
I am so very thankful for…
- My Husband. He is an amazing husband and father and works so hard for his family. He comes home after a LONG day and a LONG commute and immediately starts helping out around the house. Cleaning, cooking, laundry..whatever needs to be done he does it. He is so much more efficient than I am when it comes to these things anyway. I always get distracted and never finish what I am doing!
- My Children. Oh my dear, dear children. I have no words that fully explain just how much I love them. From the time I first peed on that stick to this moment I have done nothing but love them both with all my heart.
- My parents and my husband’s parents. I don’t exactly know how I got so lucky to score the best parents and in laws I could. They are amazing grandparents and all 4 are so supportive and help us in so many ways.
- The rest of my family (and my husband’s). My brother and my husbands sister and our niece and three nephews and the aunts, uncles and cousins that make up our family!
- My friends. For being there for me over the years even though I suck at keeping in touch regularly.
- My mommy friends. You know who you are. I love each of you like a sister.
- Modern medicine. That we have treatments for my daughter’s JA.
- My house cleaner. She has been cleaning my home for 4 years and we love her so much. I have not cleaned a toilet in FOUR years. Enough said.
- Pumpkin spice lattes.
- Funny movies.
- GOOD music.
- A good book that makes me think.
- All the gluten free products you can buy now a days. It makes eating this way SO much easier!
- My daughter’s teachers (past and present). She has learned so much the last year she has been in preschool. She can fold clothes for goodness sakes.
- Grey’s Anatomy, Bones, Dexter, Modern Family, The Middle and all my other favorite shows.
- My health
- WINE. Wine. and more WINE.
- In n Out Burger (the only fast food I eat….mmmmm)
- Trees. Yes trees. I love me some big, beautiful trees.
- My camera. I absolutely love taking pictures…especially of my children. Thanks babe for my awesome anniversary present. I guess talking about it for nearly a year worked 😉
- Flour-less chocolate cake.
- Great neighbors you can depend on.
- The roof over my head, the car I drive, the clothes on my back, the shoes on my feet, the food in my fridge, the phone in my purse, and all the other daily convinces that we typically take for granted.
- My pets…Brinkley and Miss Nippy (cats) and Ainsley (the dog) who were our *first* children.
- My career and Blogging. I have REALLY loved being able to help other people through this blog and get to know others this way.
- All of YOU! I am so very thankful for all of you who read my blog, interact, email me, ask me questions, etc. I thank each of you for your support and I hope you all have a BEAUTIFUL holiday!
Now tell me, what are YOU thankful for?